Sunday, May 10, 2009

M Is For The Many Things She Gave Me

Great. After reading all the heart warming blogs that everyone wrote about their mother, I now feel obligated to say some choice words about mine. Especially since she told my sister that she could not believe I just wrote the words "Happy Mothers Day" on a slip of paper that I added into the envelope with my family reunion money fee. ( Just so you know, the paper DID have a pretty picture of a bird sitting on a fence) And besides....I am just getting her back from not sending me a birthday card this past year...so there!!!) Any way...back to that nagging woman. Oh Yeah. She is a pretty cool lady. She had planned to give me up for adoption but I guess I was just too cute. She always put up my art work, and not just on the fridge. The woman framed it and proudly displayed it on her living room walls like it was a Matisse. I was always proud that she was my mom. And the love and adoration I have always felt for her , I now see in her grandchildrens' eyes when they look at her. Yes my Mommamoo I do love you. At my sisters wedding this past April. ( In which I DO plan on blogging about some other day)
I want to give a "shout out" to , two other mothers who have made me a very honored Aunt...... To Shannon ~ You put the "sis" in sister-inlaw. Thank you for giving me my kind hearted snugglebuggles, Isabel and Sophie. Their pure ,honest, innocence is a reflection on the way they have been raised by a mother who will not allow her daughters to "grow up" way to fast. To my little sister Vanessa ~ When I look at Jack and Audrey I can't help but to see you when you were little. You have installed the value of knowledge, manners, and the love of family in their hearts. They won the lottery when you became their mother. ( The following is a slideshow I made for my sister for her birthday, but thought I would share since it is Mothers Day.)

3 comments:

Kelli Nørgaard said...

I LOVE that she framed your art work!!!!! What a great memory!

lmt1073 said...

She is a pretty cool mom! And she even put up with me when we were younger... and you and I did cause a little ruckus every now and again! Love you Aunt Sandy!

sal said...

well mrs cruz i changed that picture for you. i am sorry i don't put the perfect picture up...i liked it. you can leave my old cow tongue picture up, it shows my craziness.
thanks for the wrote up...i still love you.