Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Freakin Out @ Freakin Walmart

Whoaaaaa Nelly!
Today has been one of THOSE days.
You know the kind I am talking about.
That if its not one thing its another.

For starters, it is time to renew our tags on the car, which is around $70.00 It is also time for our smog check ( which occurs every two years.) So we go to our take your money and laugh at you friendly local smog station to have the car put to the test. It passed all the "smoggy" tests but we failed because our "check engine" light was on. And we STILL had to pay $40.00 for a failing grade.
While we have had no major problems with the car and she runs fine, we were told to get a new catalytic converter. We did this just last week for 200 buckaroos. OBVIOUSLY that is not what is "wrong" with the car. So after the smog check, we went and had a diagnostic done at a
milk you dry because we know you don't know squat about cars auto shop.
Greaseball Mechanic Greg, hooks the machine up to the car, and in small talk we tell him we just had the converter put on. He asked us how much we payed for it, then proceeded to look at it and then tell us we had a crappy one installed ..blah...blah... blah...and he can put on the "right" one for a mere $250 .
Ding! Ding! Diagnostic done......he said some code number and that it could be that the oxygen cylinder was running slow, which would be "ONLY" 150 dollars to replace although he thinks its the CC.
HUH.

AND.
WTF???!!!!
I thought the reason we had you run this test was so that you could tell us EXACTLY what the bejesus is wrong with our 12 year old pile of fiberglass.....( who by the way has been an excellent reliable car to us... I mean, for the most part)
So we shell out 4 tens and 1 five for a diagnostic of "not exactly sure "to the "professional" grease monkey.
I HATE living in a place where I don't have my dad, or my mechanic uncles , or the good ole boy up the road to do HONEST work on my car. And Andreas...bless his heart doesn't know too much
about cars....(but give him a computer that needs " a fixin" ;o)
Sighhhhh.....Just when we finally get a decent amount back from Uncle Sam it goes straight to Cooters out stretched oil smeared hand.

Now on to the the title story........

Walmart. I am really starting to hate you. Yes. I was brought up on you. Yes. I even cashiered in
your garden department at one time. But your not like you use to be. ESPECIALLY the ones here in California. Right now my local WM is rearranging the whole store and the layout sucks and makes no sense. I use to be able to make my grocery list in perfect order because I knew the layout of the store down to a T. Now they have the pet stuff over by the butter and yogurts.....Towels with the kitchen appliances. And they are always out of everything I need.
HELLO!!!!
I am a fat girl from Texas.
What could size zeros from SE Asia possibly need what I need to where they never have it in stock???!!!!!! ALTHOUGH...I did see a young Asian couple with a 6 pack of BIG RED in their buggy!!!! Oh yes I did!!!! I almost grabbed it out of their cart and put it in mine.
The freak out.
That came when the cashier was ALMOST through with ringing up my items and I opened up my purse.....
and

no
wallet.
I tell her to stop ringing my items because IdonthavemywalletandIcantpayforanythingandIKNOWIhadmywalletandIthinksomeonestoleitbecausetherewerethesetwoguysthatseemedtofollowmewherethebeautyproductsareandthenonewasgoneandoneaskedmewhichlotionIthoughhtwouldbegoodforhimandOMGmyhusbandisgoingtokillmecanIuseyourphone
.

It was the longest run on sentence I have ever spoken in one frantic quivering breathe. I wanted to puke , I wanted to bawl my eyes out, I wanted to take my machine gun and tell everyone to say hello to my little friend.

The lady who had been scanning my groceries happened to be a supervisor, so she put all my stuff back in the buggy, gave me my reusable cloth walmart bags back (yes back to the woman who didn't pass her smog check..whatever)
So she takes me to the phone so that I can call Andreas to see if I left the wallet at home....I am SO bad about not carrying my cell phone. He cant find it. I feel angina setting in. The supervisor
tells me she is going to go check the cameras and I tell her I will go see if I left it in my car.
The car that has the bag.
The bag that I used to exchange some pajama bottoms earlier at a different store.
The store that I was in such a rush to get out of I just tossed my wallet in the bag instead of putting it in my purse.

I have never been so happy to get back into line and wait for another 45 minutes to have my
groceries rerung again.

Sorry cholo guy #1 and cholo guy #2 for thinking you robbed me. I hope the Jergens lotion works out for you!!!

P.S. I have nothing against small SE Asians ( Especially the ones that drink Big Red! )
OR.... men that wear chinos and wife beaters and like to have smooth skin. I love everybody....except smog testers and mechanics named Greg.

4 comments:

lmt1073 said...

I'm so happy that your wallet was found and it was because you were being your typical self.

Almost one week!!!

sal said...

Iam SO glad you found your wallet.
Please just try to keep your head on straight and keep up with your stuff. Still love you.

Unknown said...

Whew... Can I tell you how many times I have done that? Really, you don't want to know! Glad you found it... :)

Lisa Nix said...

lmbo-hilarious