Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What's New PussyCat ?


On April 6Th was Olive Cats birthday.

It wasn't REALLY her birthday, because I have no idea when or where she was born.

But it was the first day she became part of our family.

Olive is my "angel" in disguise.

My husband and I our dog people. We had been wanting to get a dog since we moved here into these apartments. I even wrote our landlord offering 500 dollars for a pet deposit, and explained how I didn't work so I would be home at all times with the dog. I also added that he was welcomed to come check our place anytime to see that the apartment was clean and not being ruined. He gave me a call and explained that while he knew I would be a great pet owner and all, if he allowed ME to have a dog, then ALL the other tenants would think they could have one also .

WELLLLL one of our neighbors ended up sneaking a pooch in their apartment.

I am not a jealous person by no means. And while many women my age have "baby fever".....I was yearning for a doggie with such passion that I would get so upset every time I heard that little pup whimper or bark in its little baby puppy voice. I even came so close to writing an "anonymous" letter informing my landlord . But I could not for I would never want someone to do that to me. ( In the end they got rid of the dog because he wouldn't "shut up and kept getting on her new couch.") :(

As for Olive.....we kept hearing a cat meowing outside one day. The girl upstairs felt sorry for her so she would open a can of cat food for her. One day I went to our apartment laundry room and the cat followed me. She didn't have a collar and she wouldn't let me pet her. I thought she might be pregnant at first because her sides stuck out. I finally sat on the stoop and she slowly came to me and allowed me to pet her. When I went back to my place, she followed me and sat there in front of my door. I opened a can of tuna, and got a bowl of water and "invited" her into my home by leaving the front door open. She cautiously came in, and ate the food in one gulp and then came and settled by my feet and snoozed all day. When Andreas came home we let her back outside. This went on about 2 or 3 days, and every night she would curl up in front of our door mat waiting to be invited in again the next day.

My heart could no longer take it. I went and bought a litter box and all other cat necessities.

The first night she spent inside the house, I slept in the living room with her. She slept right by the couch, and every once in a while she would look at me with her eyes to tell me thank you. For about a month all she did was sleep, as if she had been on a long journey.

I would love to know Olives story before she came to us.

I think she may have been someones pet at one time, for obviously she wasn't feral, and didn't have ANY fleas or ticks on her. She did have a patch of hair missing from her shoulder blades in which a friend pointed out that could be because someone could have put some flea control capsule on her. I went all around our neighbor hood/ pet stores/craiglist/etc looking to see if someone may have been looking for her. She has never went into heat so I think she may already be fixed and she now has that long hanging belly that indoor cats sometimes gets.

Some facts about our Olive.....

1. She is a VERY timid cat yet friendly , and she LOVES Andreas.

2. She loves to be petted when she wants you to pet her, but she will bite when she is tired of you and if you touch her belly.

3. She pukes up the most disgusting hair balls.

4. She does not jump on to any thing except the couch and bed , but that is ONLY after you invite her to do so. (unlike someone else I know)

5. Every once in a while she will put her claws in the carpet for a second, other than that she doesn't scratch on anything....( unlike someone else I know) .

6. She has the saddest meow you have ever heard. It sounds like a broken hearted chain smoking lounge singer.

7. She likes to play as long as she can just lay there and play.

8. She only drinks the juice from canned pet foods/ tuna fish.

9. She loves to be rubbed with her feather toy.

10. Dora makes her nervous as hell.

11. When I ask her " do you want to look outside?" She strolls over to the front door waiting to look out the screen door.

12.) She is not a purrer but a major kneader.

13.) She has her own song made up by me..........

( Sung to the tune of School House Rocks "LOLLY ADVERBS" give or take some :P)


Olive Olive Olive get your Olive here

Shes a really cutie let me make that clear

She loves to MEOWWWWW

And throw up hair balls

And run down the halls

And scratch us with her claws

The curiousest of all


Happy Birthday To Our Little Miss Olive Sunshine Cruz !!!!!!


4 comments:

MoMo 2.0 said...

Tillykke med fødselsdagen Fr. Olive!!! :o) Emmitt is a kneader too...it cracks Mads up every time he does it....

Kelli Nørgaard said...

had to respond to your comment....yep...tats on the feet!
You can read about my most important one on this blog post...

http://madsandkelli.blogspot.com/2008/03/endelig-fredag-tgif.html

When are you headed to Texas ???
And btw.... do you have a facebook profile?

lmt1073 said...

awww, how cute!! that is too funny...

sal said...

KIM I REALLY DO BELEIVE MISS OLIVE IS AN ANGEL IN DISGUISE. SHE WAS SENT TO WATCH OVER YOU AND ANDREAS