How I wish I could fly home to spend it with my family, even if for one hour.
Andreas has offered up the idea of getting me a plane ticket and sending me on my way. But I told him I would be wayyy more miserable there, knowing he was all alone here during this special time. (But then again, he would have the kitties, the bird, the fishy and a 6 pack of Heineken to keep him company)
Speaking of "company", Andreas' office party was yesterday. His fellow co workers asked that I make my dirty rice like I did last year.
So 9 AM Wednesday morning, the apartment smelled like a Lousisana Bar and grill. I was in cajun heaven. Sadly , my sweet cornbread didnt want to cook all the way through. I cant figure out what's up with that. Could it be because I used a ROUND pan, instead of the written directions informing me to use a square or rectangle one ???? Or the fact I put over a cup of sugar into the mix????
Andreas brought home, (much to my overweight delight,) 3 types of cheesecakes, homemade chocolates, carnitas*, and some pupusas**. I'm telling you now, by the end of this month, a Macys day float will have nothing on me.
This Christmas eve, we will once again invite friends over for dinner, and neighbors to stop by for a glass of wine and a sugar cookie or two. ( And YES! Zinfandel and Pillsbury DO go together!!!)***
* Carnitas ~ It is a type of braised or roasted pork in Mexican cuisine.
**Pupusas ~ Are from El Salvador. They are similar to corn tortillas, but thicker and stuffed with CHEESE ,beans or meat.
*** Especially after that third glass of wine.

2 comments:
You should try cooking in an iron skillet. My cornbread always turns out great that way. Anyways, i miss you more than words could ever say!!!
Please please please...I want some pupusas!! That sounds fabulous.
Merry Christmas My dear friend
Post a Comment