Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Throwing The Baby Out With The Dish Water

Or in my case......the newly hodgepodge of flavored coffees out with the trash!!!

I am filled with such sadness (and curled up nose) as I reluctantly sip on walmart brand instant coffee.

For you see, my dear hubby received an awesome christmas gift from my dear mother. And it was awesome because it was something I got to divulge in. She had given him a box of different flavores of the morning pick me up. I am talking about French Vanilla, Orange Spice....and the main one I wanted to try......EXOTIC RUM !!!



And it was a much welcomed gift considering we had been drinking the lazy mans coffee for about a year because I had grown tired with having VERY limited kitchen counter space* that I had said good bye to Mr. Coffee Pot, and put him on Mt. Everest. ( That pain in the caboose cabinet over the fridge)

* If you look in the above pic, you can see how small my kichen is. Ratatouille himself would even complain about the square footage.





Well, I went to Home Depot and bought shelving units to put on the side of one of the cabinets to have space for the coffee maker.....






So come that following morning,

I got out Andreas' new mug......


my favorite mug*.......


* The person on the mug does indeed bare a strong resemblance to me anytime before 10 Am

the filter , milk and sweet and low.. I go to retrieve the bag I put all the coffees in. After I opened , closed and then slammed each kitchen cabinet door for the 5th time, I came to the conclusion I might have made a boo boo. I proceeded to look EVERYWHERE for those arabica delights.

Even the litter box, cause you never know when it comes to living with a crackcat.*
* B/C crackcats usually do end up becoming catburglars



My guess is that when I put the little , pretty, SHINEY bags of coffee in the walmart bag ...( bags that I just so happen to use for picking up trash )... I thought it was wrapping paper from the presents and threw it out along with the rest of the discarded boxes etc.*
*
Which will make a nice new home for my friend from aisle 5.





Like the old saying goes " Smooth move exlax. "

But who needs exlax when you have to drink instant java.

From walmart.



Happy New Year 2009 Ya'll !!!!




















4 comments:

MoMo 2.0 said...

Good morning from Denmark! And thanks for stopping by my blog...your comment was a great one to wake up to this morning!

I tried to figure out from your profile if you have a connection to DK...especially after I saw "din kaffe kop" :o)

Godt Nyt År fra Danmark!
Hils,
Kelli

Kristie Corpus said...

your post brings tears to my eyes. no kidding. I'm quite sorry for your loss. may I recommend proceeding post haste to the nearest HEB and purchasing Cafe ole' Taste of San Antonio? It always seems to pick me up when I'm down. In fact, I'm gonna go get me a cup o' it now. cheers mate.

lmt1073 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lmt1073 said...

SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSS BUT AM SYMPATHETIC. I'VE FELT YOUR PAIN. I THREW AWAY A BAG WITH SEVERAL PACKS OF KOOL AID IN IT ONE TIME. I WAS NOT A VERY HAPPY CAMPER AS US CRAZY WHITE FOLK LOVE OUR KOOL AID!