(First of all...please ignore mustard crusted looking cuticles, because it was a dang good sandwhich! )
My husband gave me the above monogramed ring this past Christmas. I have only worn it twice and look how scratched up it is already. Is there anyway one can buff/polish away the scratches?? Sighhh...either way, I will still wear it.
And of course those are not my intials, but my pet name for him. In spanish "Oso" is the masculine form of "bear", and he calls me "Osa" in return. Come to think of it, I seldom ever hear him say my real name, and when he does it makes me kind of giggle.
Speaking of nicknames, he and I had a conversation a few weeks ago about what we were called in our family/neighborhood/school.
I told him my family called me " kimbo," and at one time "tooter scooter" ( in which I got so mad and packed my green little suitcase and "ran away" which of course meant just around the block . And when I thought they had missed me enough and felt sorry for calling me such a horrible name, I headed back home to only hear; " Oh we missed you! Please tell us WHY you runaway tooter scooter?" YEAHHHHH. AND they always wondered why at times they would wake up with me standing over them with my plastic playdough knife )... And now in the present I am known simply as "Bobo" because my first born niece could not say "Kimbo" or "Tooter Scooter" for that matter.
In grade school I remember being called "Miss Piggy" and in Jr. High it was "Big Momma" and then ended with "Biscuit". Which I have yet to figure out why , which I am more than sure it had to do with the fact I was not , UMMMMM.... let me think here ummm Skinny !?!?.... Oh well...its not like I have some kind of complex because of it all ( right eye begins to twitch violently as left shoulder jerks up and down)........
I then ask my Oso what he was called. He said in his family he was just called "twin" because he has an identicle twin brother. And in the neighborhood they called him and his brother "coyoles" which is a tiny round coconut type fruit that is hairy.
Like 2 hairy identical balls that are "always together" just slapping away at each other .
Do you see where I am going with this???? If you dont you must be really nutty.
But the thing that made me laugh so hard in which I then earned the right to be called "tooter scooter", was the fact when he was younger he was on the chubby side and his older brother always called him " Albondiiga Con Patas " which translates to this :
MEATBALL WITH LEGGS..................
So as I fart myself silly, I must ask, "What were/and are your nicknames and WHY?

5 comments:
Fabulous Post, Daahling!
love the bit about the play dough knife!!
My nicknames included:
1) hickey neck (due to large brownish birth mark on my neck)
2) Grasstain (some people really said KRISTIE with a terribly thick accent)
3) and now I am often referred to as grasshopper, simply because "Confucius say all young shildren learn quickly while eating flied lice! glasshopper!) =)
Well, to me you will always be Kimbo... but I do remember them calling you biscuit... and yet, don't know why... :) .... can't think of any nicknames for myself though... old age, i guess.
my uncle allen used to call me risa rail. it was said with such love that to even type it brings a tear to my eye.
btw...i actually enjoyed calling you by your full name...all the way!! What a long beautiful name..fitting for my beautiful friend.
I just followed Kristine's link over and had to laugh at the ...uh...hairy balls comment. Oh my, you're a brave one! =0)
My nickname back in my younger years was "Yucca" because my older sister couldn't say "Erica." So she continued called me that affectionately and all my friends picked up on it. Still when I run into friends from my teen years, they greet me with "YUCCA!" Kinda funny.
Oh this was a great post! Lets see, my nicknames were...
TinkerBell (my granddad)
Fluffy (my uncle..because I was fluffy..a chub)
Treefrog & Tree (because although my name is spelled Tressa it is pronounced Tree-sa)
Post a Comment