Monday, January 5, 2009

Walking The Walk, and Talking The Talk

Today I met my new "get healthy buddie" AND new friend, Chyrel ! ( Which as she told me , is the french spelling of Cheryl. I am SO glad she did because knowing me ,I would have ended up calling her "Ch-eye-rail ") .
She took me to walk around here........


That is the Rose Bowl Of Pasadena California. Known as the "Grandaddy of Them All". It has been a sellout attraction since 1947. It has also been the site of many "firsts", such as the first wirephoto transmission of a bowl game (1926) and the first satellite television broadcast to Europe of a college football game(1968). In 2006 the Texas Longhorns beat Southern California Trojans for the National Championship Game.

We walked around the outside only one time.
Of course one time = 3.1 miles
My feet are damning me to hell as we speak.
I dont mind, for Chyrel and I talked about so many things, laughed quite a bit and enjoyed this as our scenery.....



Something like this always makes exercising alot easier to swallow. Don't you think?

3 comments:

lmt1073 said...

OH wow! I hate walking three feet much less three miles!! I'm so proud of you!!!

Unknown said...

You go girl... So I need to find out how your met this walking buddy with the french name.... It always makes it easier to exercise when you have someone to do it with...

Kelli Nørgaard said...

love the view ! And what a great start for you....
having a partner is the best way!

And I know this spot... Our high school where I was the principal was asked to march in the Rose Parade a few years ago and I got to go as a chaperone... VERY cool!