Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Natural" In A Box








See this box?




It pretty much does its job in coloring my hair.............




HOWEVER........
By the second or third shampoo, it no longer covers up the silver/white/grey hairs I have growing in abundance in my whole temple area and my...ahem..."lady sideburns."
( Which use to be so soft and easy to put behind my ears but have now become, coarse and wirey like funky schnauzer hair. Ruff! ROUGH! BLAHHH!)

And now I am just sprouting up the greys all over the noggin.
So I bought this at Walgreens the other day......


I figure instead of constantly covering up the greys I would just make them blend in more. If I do a half butted decent job with this, I will only go to the salon for touch up of the roots, since I am one of those people who , instead of just lightning the roots, will highlight my WHOLE head again, and again ( and again!)...leaving me with hair that could be used for a scarecrow come next harvest.

I plan to do it all over and BOLD. I will be pulling through every single hole.( Please pray for me) If it comes out looking like crap...its back to the old stand
by......


I am not sure when I will be going about this and acting as my own beautician , but like Dorothy said " I'm frightened Auntie Em, I'm frightened! "
Wish me luck and promise not to laugh.
Although giggling with hand over mouth is acceptable.

4 comments:

sal said...

i thought your hair was really pretty in that picture

Beverly said...

Ahhhh....the joys of color out of a box. I myself have NEVER been brave enough to try that on my hair. =)

Lisa Nix said...

i have faith in you!! You can do it!

Kelli Nørgaard said...

your hair looks great! Too bad we dont live closer to each other...we could buy our boxes together and do each others hair, like we all used to do in junior high!!!