Just last Saturday I sent Andreas off to a birthday party for one of his friends from work.
Why didn't I go ???
First of all.....it was in Compton.
Yes.
THAT Compton.
Second, the last time I went there for a birthday party Andreas, lied out his butt PROMISED that everyone there was going to speak English.
Yeah Right.
The only time they spoke English was to tell me that I really needed to learn Spanish.
And then the Mariachi band came out. And those trumpets were LOUD. So loud that you could barely hear the helicopter that was over head beaming its searchlight all over the place
But the worst part was when Andreas went to the bathroom , leaving me all alone with my white girl self.
That is when the lead singer; Mr."I am so sexy in my concho pants" , locks eyes on me. I try to hide behind all the empty Corona and Tecate bottles on the table. But he points to me and asks me a question in Spanish. I just shake my head violently no, because I figured that was a universal sign for the word...NO! Now leave me ALONE !!!!
A lady who took pity on me and my total gringaness, decides to translate in English , that he wants ME to give him a request for a song. I politely told the sombrero wielding gentleman ( after I damned Andreas under my breathe for the cuatro time).. that there were only TWO "Spanish" songs I knew :1.) "LaBamba" ( which was met by passive aggressive giggling)....and
2.)"La Cucaracha" ( which was met by shouts of glee from the young children and Uncle Ernesto who worked for Orkin pest control ).
So the band struck up the tune and everyone was clapping and stomping their feet. I must admit, I never new the word "marihuana" was ever in that song. Hmmmmm.
And to top it all off. Andreas missed the whole thing. Lucky freakin him.
I have two shouts out today...........
First I want to tell my brother and my sis- in law, HAPPY 14Th ANNIVERSARY !!!!!! ( March 26)
I also want to thank them for bumping uglies and giving me my two smart, sweet, beautiful and talented nieces.
I have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish for my dear red headed cousin Beverly in Texas ! ( March 27 ) I hope there will be new pics of us together this summer !!!
And on a totally different note, I came across this picture while on the internet that I felt I needed to share........( Yes, because I am weird like that)
I am not sure what disturbs me more.....WHAT he is wearing and HOW he is wearing it....or the fact that it is orange and green with horizontal stripes. But he does sing a favorite song of mine, so I guess I can forgive the Freddy Krugerish under roos....... ( but than again, who are we kidding?)

5 comments:
your blogs are always so funny!
you need to put that talent to some good use
OMG, that is an old pic of Tommy and Shannon... thank goodness the 90's are over... and my sister looks so cute with her pippi longstocking braids... lol...
Counting the days down, can't wait to see you... i love you!
Thanks for the birthday wish. I'm just now getting a chance to view blogs since I'm at work...lol. Not at home sick.
Are you coming to the reunion?
You are so freaking F U N N Y! & Rod Stewart ewww... love his music, but nothing sexy about him whatsoever....
oh my gosh............that is just GROSS!!!!!! I just puked a little in my mouth.
Post a Comment